Showing the single result
What is Fioricet?
Fioricet is one of the common brand names under which the combination of butalbital, caffeine, acetaminophen is available. One tablet of Fioricet 40 mg contains 50 mg of butalbital, 40 mg of caffeine, and 325 mg of acetaminophen. This combination got approved for medical use in the United States (U.S) in 1984. Being a scheduled and highly addictive medicine, buying and selling Fioricet without a proper prescription is an act of criminal turpitude under the law. You either can purchase the drug from a medical shop near you or buy Fioricet online via a legitimate online store.
How to take Fioricet?
Initially, your doctor will start your treatment with the minimum possible dose of the medicine, then after, he will gradually adjust your medicine dosage according to your health condition. Your doctor must examine you properly to determine a suitable Fioricet dosage for you. Your doctor should consider the following points before prescribing Fioricet dosage for you:
- Age and weight of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Other health disorders the patient is suffering from
- How does the patient respond to the first dose of the medicine?
Take Fioricet as prescribed by your doctor and take care of all the necessary instructions and directions given on the prescription or medicine label. Please don’t use it more often than recommended and tell your doctor if you do not observe any improvement in your condition.
The following are the usual Fioricet dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
Dosage for treating tension headache
In the form of tablets or capsules
- For adults (18 years and above)
One to two capsules or tablets after every four to six hours; your doctor will further adjust your medicine dose according to your health condition; however, it should not exceed more than six capsules or tablets a day.
- For children (between 12 years to 17 years)
The usual Fioricet dosage for the patients of this age group will be as same as for adults.
- For children (12 years or less)
Using Fioricet for treating Patients younger than 12 years might not be safe.
Please take care of the expiry dated of the medicine while purchasing it. Store Fioricet tablets appropriately at room temperature, away from heat, light, and moisture. Keep Fioricet tablets out of the reach of the children; they may misuse them. After completing your treatment, talk to pharmacists or chemists near you regarding the proper disposal of leftover medicine.
What to know before taking Fioricet?
Using Fioricet even at the prescribed dosage can be habit-forming. The long-term use of the said medication can create mental and physical dependence on Fioricet. It is also the most common drug of abuse. Please note that never share your medicine with anyone who has a history of drug abuse as the misuse, abuse, addiction of Fioricet can be life-threatening.
You need to take care of the following points before taking Fioricet:
- Take Fioricet only when your doctor prescribed you for that.
- Please don’t take Fioricet if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar medicines.
- Avoid taking the said medication if you have porphyria.
- You cannot take Fioricet if you have recently consumed sedatives, tranquilizers, narcotic drugs, or MAO inhibitors in the last 14 days.
- Your doctor may not allow you to take Fioricet if you have or ever had the following health disorders:
- Damaged liver
- Kidney disorders
- Asthma or other breathing disorders
- Sleep apnea (breathing that stops while sleeping)
- Stomach ulcers
- Bleeding from the stomach
- Skin rashes caused after using any medication
- Mental illness
- Mood swings or behavioral disorders
- Destructive and self detrimental behavior
- Avoid taking Fioricet if you are or were addicted to any drugs or alcohol.
- Please don’t take if you are consuming any medicines to prevent blood clots.
- Using Fioricet during pregnancy can harm your child and may make your baby dependent on the medication.
- Breastfeeding might not be safe while using Fioricet.
- Some medicines can interact with Fioricet that either can make the treatment less effective or increase the risk of certain side effects; therefore, you should tell your doctor about all the medicine and therapies you are currently taking.
- In the case of Fioricet overdose, please consult your doctor or call the Poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
- Please visit your doctor frequently for regular medical checkups and always remember that taking Fioricet is only a part of the treatment; follow your doctor’s advice to let medicine work more effectively.
- Avoid using herbal products, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements while using Fioricet.
- Ask your doctor about all the necessary precautions that you should take while taking Fioricet.
- Please consult your doctor to learn more about the risks and benefits associated with Fioricet.
What are the benefits of using Fioricet?
Fioricet is one of the effective to treat tension headaches. It is also beneficial in the treatment of migraine pain.
What are the side effects of Fioricet?
Keep observing your body; you may experience some mild Side effects after taking Fioricet, and it is okay as they will get well after a while. Some of the common Fioricet include the following:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Anxiety or restlessness
- Feeling intoxicated
You need to consult your doctor if these side effects don’t get well or become even worse with the passing time. Please talk to your doctor and discontinue the medicine if you experience the following health issues:
- Confusion or disorientation
- Seizures or convulsions
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the upper stomach
- Loss of appetite
- Dark-colored urine
- Clay-colored stools
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
How does Fioricet work?
Fioricet belongs to the Barbiturate medication class that works on the brain and nervous system to provide relief against tension headaches.
What to avoid while using Fioricet?
Please consult your doctor before using diet pills, caffeine, and other stimulants while taking Fioricet. Taking Fioricet can impair your thinking and reactions. Be careful while driving and operating machinery. Avoid involving in the activities that require you to be alert and attentive. Avoid taking any cold, cough, and allergy medication simultaneously with Fioricet. Please don’t consume alcohol while using Fioricet.