Showing all 3 results
Dilaudid 2mg Select PillsDilaudid 4mg Select PillsDilaudid 8mg Select Pills
What is Dilaudid?
Dilaudid is a common brand name under which Hydromorphone, also known as dihydromorphinone, is available. Dilaudid is an FDA-controlled drug. Being a scheduled and highly addictive medicine, buying and selling Dilaudid without a proper prescription is an act of criminal turpitude under the law. You can either purchase the medication from a chemist shop near your or order it online via a legitimate online store in the following forms and strength:
- Oral tablets
- Dilaudid 2 mg
- Dilaudid 4 mg
- Dilaudid 8 mg
- Oral suspension
- Dilaudid 5mg/5ml
How to take Dilaudid?
Initially, your doctor will start your treatment with the minimum possible dose of the medicine, then after, he will gradually adjust your medicine dosage according to your health condition. Your doctor must examine you properly to determine a suitable Dilaudid dosage for you. Your doctor should consider the following points before prescribing Dilaudid dosage for you:
- Age and weight of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Other health disorders the patient is suffering from
- How does the patient respond to the first dose of the medicine?
Take Dilaudid as prescribed by your doctor and take care of all the necessary instructions and directions given on the prescription or medicine label. Please don’t use it more often than recommended and tell your doctor if you do not observe any improvement in your condition.
The following are the usual Dilaudid dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
Dosage for treating pain
In the form of oral tablets
- For older adults (65 years and above)
Older adults’ internal organs might not work that well; therefore, doctors should be extra careful while prescribing Dilaudid dosage for them.
- For adults (between 18 years to 64 years)
2 mg to 4 mg of the medicine after every four to six hours as required
- For children (17 years or less)
Using Dilaudid for treating patients younger than 18 years is not recommended.
Please take care of the expiry dated of the medicine while purchasing it. Store Dilaudid tablets appropriately at room temperature, away from heat, light, and moisture. Keep Dilaudid tablets out of the reach of the children; they may misuse them. After completing your treatment, talk to pharmacists or chemists near you regarding the proper disposal of leftover medicine.
What to know before taking Dilaudid?
Using Dilaudid even at prescribed dosage can be habit-forming. The long-term use of the said medication can create mental and physical dependence on Dilaudid. It is also a most common drug of abuse. Please note that never share your medicine with anyone who has a history of drug abuse as the misuse, abuse, addiction of Dilaudid can be life-threatening.
You need to take care of the following points before taking Dilaudid:
- Take Dilaudid only when your doctor prescribed you that.
- You cannot take Dilaudid if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar medicines.
- Avoid taking Dilaudid if you have recently consumed sedatives or any MAO inhibitors within the last 14 days.
- Your doctor will not prescribe you to take Dilaudid if you have breathing disorders, including sleep apnea (breathing that stops while sleeping), blockage in your stomach or intestine, or bowel obstruction disorder such as paralytic ileus.
- To ensure that taking Dilaudid is safe for you, please tell your doctor if you have or ever had the following health disorder:
- Noisy breathing
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Sleep apnea
- Head injuries or brain tumor
- Seizures or convulsions
- Mental illness
- Urination problems
- Damaged liver
- Kidney disorder
- Allergy with sulfite
- Addison’s disease or other adrenal gland disorders
- Problems with gallbladder or pancreas
- Thyroid gland disorder
- Avoid taking Dilaudid if you are or were addicted to any drugs or alcohol.
- Some medicines can interact with that either can make the treatment less effective or increase the risks of certain side effects. Therefore, make your doctor aware of all the medications and therapies you are currently taking.
- In the case of Dilaudid overdose, consult your doctor or call the Poison helpline.
- Breastfeeding while taking Dilaudid might not be safe; consult your doctor regarding this.
- Taking Dilaudid during the pregnancy can harm your child and make the baby physically and psychologically dependent on the drug.
- The most suitable and comfortable way to get the medicine is to buy Dilaudid online.
- Ask your doctor about all the necessary precautions that you should take while using Dilaudid.
- Please consult your doctor to learn more about the risks and benefits associated with Dilaudid.
What are the benefits of using Dilaudid?
Dilaudid is one of the effective medications to treat pain. It is also beneficial in treating severe pain caused due to cancer. Your doctor will choose to treat you with Dilaudid when other opioid pain medications don’t work well enough.
What are the side effects of Dilaudid?
Listen and observe your body. You can experience some mild side effects after using Dilaudid, and it is okay as they will get well after a while. Some of the common side effects of Dilaudid includes the following:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Flushing (sudden redness or warmness in the skin)
- Euphoria (feel-good effect)
- Dry mouth
You need to consult your doctor if these side effects don’t get well or become even worse with the passing time. Please talk to your doctor and discontinue the medicine if you experience the following health issues:
- Extremely irregular heart rate
- Pain in the chest
- Fast pulse rate
- Blurred vision
- Loss of vision
- Pain in the stomach
- Nausea or vomiting
- Trouble in passing gas and stools
- Involuntary movement of the muscles (tremors)
- Uncontrolled movement of the eyes
- Unusual sensation in the skin
- Mood swings
- Behavior disorders
- Depression or anxiety
- Disorientation or confusion
- Fluctuating blood pressure
- Tiredness and weakness
- Pain in the abdomen
- Symptoms of androgen deficiency such as tiredness, trouble sleeping, loss of energy
- Extreme dizziness or drowsiness
- Infertility (both in men and women)
- Irregular menstruation cycles
- Sexual disorder
- Symptoms of serotonin syndrome such as agitation, hallucination, high fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, stiff muscles, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
How Dilaudid works?
Dilaudid is an opioid medication that activates opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord to reduce pain.
What to avoid while using Dilaudid?
Consuming alcohol while using Dilaudid can increase the risk of certain side effects. Taking Dilaudid can create hindrance in your thought process. Avoid involving in activities that require you to be attentive and alert. Be careful while driving and operating machinery.