Oxycontin and Oxycodone
There are several different types of pain that affect people in different ways. Medicines that work for you may not be effective on someone else. So, for this reason, there are several different types of drugs that are used to mitigate pain. In this, oxycodone is one type of opioid pain medication. It comes in the form of an immediate-release shape and an extended-release form.
Its immediate-release form is available as a generic drug. On the other hand, the extended-release form is available;e as a brand drug Oxycontin. This blog will help you understand the difference between these two drugs and how they work.
Difference between oxycodone and oxycontin?
- Oxycontin and oxycodone are names given to different medical formulations of the same opioid medications. They essentially have the same substances.
- Oxycodone is the opioid drug that is the main ingredient in several pain drugs including Oxycontin.
- Oxycontin is the extended-release version of oxycodone. It slowly released into the body. So, you do not need to take it as often.
- The terms Oxycodone and Oxycontin are used interchangeably as they have the same substance with a minor difference.
- Both oxycodone and oxycontin work by binding the specific receptors in the brain that are referred to as opioid receptors.
- If you take these drugs repeatedly, they can increase dopamine levels associated with feelings of satisfaction. So there is a risk of physical abuse and dependence on these drugs.
- Are you wondering how to get an oxycontin prescription? You can contact us on our website. We here offer you hassle-free drug prescriptions at cheap rates.
Is oxycodone or oxycontin better?
- It totally depends on which type of pain your health care provider wants to use the medications. Both oxycodone and oxycontin can reduce pain, anxiety, and stress.
- Your health care professional may recommend you extended-release Oxycontin for severe pain that requires effect to last up to 24 hours.
- They may prescribe the immediate form of oxycodone to patients suffering from moderate to severe acute or chronic pain.
- Your health care professional may oxycodone with a combination of other analgesics such as oxycodone-acetaminophen and oxycodone-ibuprofen.
- Oxycodone is used instead of morphine. Combination drugs have additional pain relief or anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Order your medicine as we are offering the facility of c.o.d on oxycontin. So, stop waiting and order your medicines now.
What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a potent opioid pain-relieving drug, sometimes also called a narcotic. It helps to mitigate moderate to severe pain. The extended form of this drug is used for around-the-clock treatment of pain that does not respond to other medicines. You should not use it on an as-needed basis for pain. It should be used only on those patients who are tolerant to opioid medications because they have taken opioid drugs for at least one week.
Oxycodone is also available in combination with acetaminophen such as Oxycet, Percocet, others. People usually buy oxycodone online to treat chronic pain or pain due to cancer.
Oxycontin: an overview of the product
Oxycontin is a brand drug of the extended-release form of oxycodone. There are other versions of the same medications. The immediate-form oxycodone and Oxycontin belong to the class of drugs that works similarly and are used to treat similar conditions.
A potent prescription drug is used when an opioid drug is needed to relieve severe pain that requires around-the-clock treatment with an opioid. People buy oxycontin online only when other opioid medications such as non-opioid pain medicine do not respond to the pain well. It is not used for an as-needed basis for pain or the pain that may fade away with time.
Supply of Oxycontin
- Oxycontin 10 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, white-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on one side and ten on the other)
- Oxycontin 15 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, gray-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on one side and 15 on the other)
- Oxycontin 20 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, pink-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on one side and 20 on the other)
- Oxycontin 30 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, brown-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on one side and 30 on the other)
- Oxycontin 40 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, yellow-colored, biconvex tablets debossed with OP on one side and 40 on the other)
- Oxycontin 60 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, red-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on one side and 60 on the other)
- Oxycontin 80 mg film-coated extended-release tablets (round, green-colored, bi-convex tablets debossed with OP on one side and 80 on the other)
Primary uses of oxycodone
- Severe, acute, spontaneous pain and uncontrollable
- Neurological pain, for example, in shingles
- Trauma or injuries
- Chronic pain due to regular medications such as cancer-related pain, bone pain, etc.
Primary uses of oxycontin
- Oxycontin is used for children older than 11 years of age if they can tolerate it. It is used to control pain in moderate to severe chronic pain patients, including osteoarthritis, and those who require 24-hour treatment.
- It is usually used only occasionally
- People who cannot swallow pills should take this drug because it is not possible to break, crush, chew, or dissolve it.
Side effects of oxycontin or oxycodone
Both Oxycontin and Oxycodone have similar side effects as they may have the same medical ingredients. Some of these side effects can include:
- Constipation or headache
- Giddiness or lack of energy
- dry mouth
- drowsiness or itching
- nausea and vomiting
- sweating or fatigue
- Respiratory depression
- Bowel obstruction
- hypersensitivity or allergy
- Physical dependence and addiction
A drug interaction occurs when a substance changes the way a drugs works. It can be fatal or prevent the drug from working well. Never consume alcohol while taking the immediate release of oxycodone or oxycontin. The combination of alcohol with these drugs can be deadly.
There are several drugs that can interact with both extended-release oxycontin and oxycodone.
- Other opioid drugs, drugs for mental disorders, sleeping pills, alcohol, or tranquilizers. They can cause severe breathing problems, extreme tiredness, or low blood pressure.
- Skeletal muscle relaxant. It can cause severe respiratory issues.
- Pain medicines that work similarly as oxycontin and oxycodone. It can increase the risk of overdose or severe side effects.
- Antibiotics, antifungal drugs, certain heart medicines, seizures, or HIV drugs. They can change the effectiveness of oxycodone and oxycontin and increase the risk of side effects.
Various websites are available to compare medicine prices from other pharmacies and local stores easily.
Both oxycodone and oxycontin are potent pain medicine. It is necessary to know everything you can about these medicines before using them. They can be addictive, even at prescribed doses or in low doses.
Careless use of oxycodone and oxycontin can result in overdose, addiction, or even coma. So, if you are prescribed these medicines, it is necessary to consult your pharmacist about using the medication safely.
If you want to compare pharmacy prices, there are several sites available that offer you difference in medicine prices from various pharmacies.