Everything About Oxycontin
Oxycontin belongs to the opioid medication, used as a pain reliever. It works by changing the pain response in the brain and throughout the body. Oxycontin is a listed item under schedule IV of the Controlled substances Act. You can either buy Oxycontin online or purchase it from a local drug store near you in the form of extended-release tablets with the strength of 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg. Oxycontin 80 mg is the maximum strength of this drug and is rarely available in the market.
Oxycontin is a habit-forming medicine even if taken at prescribed dosages. Using it for the long term can result in a life-threatening situation. Please don’t share your medicine with anyone, especially those who have a history of drug abuse and addiction. Misuse, abuse, and addiction to this medication can be fatal.
You must be aware that buying and selling Oxycontin without a proper prescription is an act of criminal depravity under the law.
If you want to order Oxycontin online, please do it via an authorized and legitimate online store.
It is advisable to avoid taking Oxycontin if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar medicines or have certain health disorders such as asthma or other breathing issues or blockage in the stomach and intestine.
Oxycontin can pass into breast milk; therefore, breastfeeding might not be safe while using Oxycontin. Using this medication during pregnancy can harm your child and make your baby mentally and physically dependent on the drug.
Your doctor will not prescribe you to take Oxycontin if you have or ever had the following health disorders:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sleep apnea (breathing that stops while sleeping)
- Psychotic disorders or any other mental illness
- Addiction to drugs or alcohol or history thereof
- Liver disorder
- Kidney disorder
- Problems while urinating
- Thyroid disorder
- Damaged gallbladder or pancreas
Oxycontin is available in many strengths; you can buy Oxycontin 10 mg online or offline and use it as per your doctor’s instructions. Always remember consuming Oxycontin is only a part of the treatment; follow your doctor’s advice throughout the treatment process. The 5 mg version of this drug is more common; anyone with a doctor’s prescription can quickly get Oxycontin 5 mg.
Oxycontin side effects
You are likely to suffer from some common side effects after using Oxycontin, and you don’t need to worry about them as they usually happen to everyone. Some Oxycontin side effects include the following:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Pain in the stomach
- Nausea or vomiting
It is obvious to experience these mild side effects symptoms, but you should consult your doctor if they don’t recover or become even worse. Please stop taking Oxycontin and tell your doctor if you experience the following health issues:
- Noisy breathing
- Shallow breathing
- Sleep apnea (breathing that stops while sleeping)
- Slow heart rate
- Weak pulses
- Confusion or disorientation
- Destructive and self detrimental thoughts or behavior
- Seizures or convulsions
- Low cortisol level in the body causing nausea or vomiting, loss of appetite, weakness, tiredness, or dizziness
- High serotonin level in the body resulting in agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, stiff muscles, twitching in the muscles, loss of coordination, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
How to Take Oxycontin?
Taking Oxycontin can impair your thinking and reactions; be careful while driving, operating machinery, or performing activities that require you to be alert and attentive. Consuming alcohol while using Oxycontin can be dangerous. Avoid consuming herbal products, vitamins, nutritional supplements, other over-the-counter medicines. Please ask your doctor about all the necessary precautions that you should take while using Oxycontin.
Please consume Oxycontin precisely as prescribed by your doctor. Please don’t take in excess and more often than prescribed and tell your doctor if you are not observing any improvement in your health condition. Store your medicine carefully and dispose of all the leftover medicine once when your treatment is over.
You can experience the following in the case of Oxycontin overdose:
- Pinpoint pupils
- Slow breathing or breathlessness
Please consult your doctor or call the Poison helpline if you ever experience Oxycontin high.
Visit your doctor regularly for routine medical checkups and ask your doctor about the risks and benefits of Oxycontin.
Some drugs can interact with Oxycontin, making the treatment comparatively less effective or increasing the risk of side effects. Tell your health expert about all the medications and therapies you are currently taking and avoid them if your doctor advised you to do that. The following are some medicines that can interact with Oxycontin are as follows:
- Cold or allergy medicines
- Antifungal medicines
- Heart and blood pressure medicines
- Medicines to treat seizures
- Medications for treating HIV ADIS
- Hepatitis C medicines
- Water pill
- Treatment for treating asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Medicines for motion sickness
- Medications for irritable bowel syndrome or overactive bladder
- Opioid pain medications
- Sleeping pills
- Muscle relaxers
- Medicine to treat mood disorders and mental illness
- Medications for treating nausea or vomiting
- Treatments for Parkinson’s disease
- Migraine headaches medicines